The COVID-19 health emergency is impacting all our lives, especially those families with young children. In this weekly newsletter we will connect you with the most recent information about child care options, learning at home activities for children, emotional support resources for you and your children and more. Here is our newsletter from April 29, 2020.
Pandemic Child Care Open, All Other Child Care Programs Remain Closed
This week, Gov. DeWine outlined the steps being taken to prepare to re-open businesses in Ohio beginning on May 1. Ohio’s child care programs, except those operating under pandemic licenses, will remain closed. Click here for more details.
As a reminder, 4C for Children specialists are available to help families of workers providing health, safety and essential services in your child care search. Click here to see an interactive map of licensed Pandemic Child Care Programs in Southwest Ohio and the Miami Valley. Visit the ODJFS website for more information on child care during this time. Need help with your search? Call us at 800-256-1296 x1330, or email us.
April 27 was National Tell A Story Day. Telling a story with your child is a great way to use imagination and build memory and vocabulary skills. Here are some story telling tips and inspiration!
- Download Storytelling Tips from Child Care Aware
- Watch online story time with Storyline Online
- Enroll your child in the Ohio Governor’s Imagination Library to receive a free children’s book every month. All Ohio children from ages 0 to 5 are eligible! Current Imagination Library counties from our service area include: Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Logan, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren. Clermont County is coming soon!
Learning Through Play Activities Calendar: May
Help children learn through play by using one of the following age-specific monthly calendars that feature daily activities. Download the May 2020 calendar:
Helping Your Family Cope
May is National Mental Health Month. How are you taking care of you? You are not alone!
- Read Caring Tips for Families During Stressful Times from PNC Grow Up Great
- Sign up for the Vroom newsletter for uplifting messages as well as resources for activities
Vroom: Creating Brain-Building Moments
Tap into Vroom resources and check out the tips and activities tailored to your 0 to 5-year-old child. You’ll not only learn to turn everyday activities into brain building opportunities, but you and your child will have lots of fun along the way!