Yesterday, the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) issued additional guidance on rules, regulations, and procedures for programs that choose to apply for a temporary pandemic child care license and those who will be closing effective tonight at 11:59 p.m. Here’s a summary of information we are aware of now and we’ll keep you updated as new information is released.
- ODJFS is still working with the General Assembly to determine details on paying providers with a PFCC agreement a “weekly closure payment” that was previously mentioned in the March 18 rules.
Pandemic Child Care Licensees
- At full capacity or cannot place an essential family. Please have that family contact 4C for Children for assistance in finding care. Be aware that you can now provide care to essential workers beyond the limited list that ODJFS posted Monday. Please read the order beginning on page 4 to learn which workers fall into this expanded list. Here’s the 4C for Children contact information you can share:
- Southwest Ohio | 513-758-1330 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miami Valley | 937-220-9660, x1330 | email@example.com
- Experiencing difficulty finding the necessary cleaning supplies such as hand sanitizer, gloves and other safety supplies. We have reached out to ODJFS and are awaiting a response to meet this need.
Need to purchase more food and milk than the grocery store allows.We have reached out to ODJFS and are awaiting a response to meet this need. A solution one provider has shared: they took their business license (and you could even take the list of Pandemic Child Care Providers) with them to the grocery store and met with the store manager, who then allowed the purchase of needed items. This approach may not always work but it may be worth trying as we wait for a solution from ODJFS.
- Can’t print the child check-in forms. ODJFS is working on this.
ODJFS has posted the latest Emergency Rules at the top of this page. You’ll find important revised guidelines under the “Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020” heading:
- Provider Communication summary here
- New emergency rules effective March 24 here
- Application to be a Temporary Pandemic Child Care here
- Child Care Enrollment Addendum for enrolling children at your Pandemic Site here