Summary of yesterday’s Facebook Live With MyPre-K
On Tuesday, March 24th, MyPre-K hosted a Facebook Live chat with leaders from 4C for Children, Division of Child Care, Child Care Aware of Kentucky, Learning Grove and United Way Success by 6.
While the Facebook Live experienced technical challenges, below are summary points of the discussion, and you can access a recording here.
- Understanding Limited Duration Care which is being offered as a temporary, alternative child care care plan for Kentucky, and how to learn more if interested in helping our region to meet this need.
- Understanding the process of reopening child cares after this temporary closure ends, and what it will mean for providers and families.
- Division of Child Care announced that All STARS visits are on pause. Information shared regarding the process for providers that are currently due for inspections or are in their STAR’s rating window.
- Virtual resources and trainings available for staff professional development during the quarantine.
- Technical assistance is a service that Child Care Aware (CCA) offers to providers with a focus on health and safety and quality improvement. Learn how providers continue to receive these supports during the pandemic.
- During this crisis, child care has been referenced as having an important impact on the work landscape. It was discussed how we as a network use this awareness to advocate for the early childhood field and professionals.
- How individuals can advocate, build relationships, and be a voice for early childhood professionals and families.
Department of Child Care Communications
The Department of Child Care (DCC) staff has been dramatically reduced to limit on-site services. During this time they encourage you to contact them via email.
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP): CCAPProviderPayments@ky.gov
- National Background Check Program: CHFSDCCNBCP@ky.gov
- Professional Development (Training): DCCPDStaff@ky.gov
- KY All-STARS: KYallstars@ky.gov
*For Limited Duration Center inquires, contact the Divison of Regulated Child Care at 502-564-7962 or visit https://chfs.ky.gov/Pages/cyres.aspx
Stay Tuned for Virtual Trainings
4C for Children is working to create opportunities for virtual trainings for child care providers in Northern Kentucky. We will keep you informed through email, social media and our website as these training opportunities are launched.