4C for Children early childhood coaches offer individual coaching to help you assess quality and develop an action plan to help programs achieve a Step Up To Quality rating.
In Southwest Ohio:
- Family Child Care Providers and Child Care Centers contact Andrew Brzezinski, 513-758-1228
In Miami Valley:
- Family Child Care Providers and Child Care Centers contact Ashley Chiles, 937-723-2718
Step Up To Quality FAQ
What’s the benefit of getting SUTQ rated?
- Reimbursement rate increase. The amount of money you receive for each child in your program increases with each star your program earns. Use the SUTQ calculator to see the increased reimbursement you receive for providing quality early care and education.
- Lower staff turnover. Staff members in SUTQ rated programs are proud of their work and accomplishments. They have knowledge about child development and improve their teaching practices as they learn more. Turnover slows as SUTQ resources such as a formal wage structure and staff supports increase staff stability.
- Increased enrollment. Parents are choosing quality settings for their children and will be intentional in choosing SUTQ-rated programs in the future. Your SUTQ star rating is a sign of your commitment to provide quality child care.
- Help kids succeed. Children in SUTQ star rated programs score higher on Kindergarten Readiness Assessments. When children are ready for kindergarten, they read better in third grade and are more likely to graduate from high school. Children who are successful in school grow to be successful in life.
Is Step Up To Quality required?
For the latest information about requirements related to Step Up To Quality in Ohio, click here