4C for Children is working to increase the supply of child care in our community. Whether it’s providing a platform so programs can more quickly fill vacant staff positions, helping recruit new child care providers or developing resources and coaching to help those starting or expanding programs, 4C for Children is your go-to resource.
Work In Child Care
- If you want to work in a child care program, there are many openings across the Miami Valley and Southwest Ohio. Please visit our job board to find employment opportunities.
- If you want to pursue a career in early childhood education, connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the journey towards making a difference in the lives of children.
Become a Child Care Provider or Expand Your Existing Program
Want to learn more about how to start or expand a child care program in Ohio or find opportunities to work in child care programs? If so, you’re in the right place!
Start Your Own Child Care Business
Starting your own child care program means you can make a lasting difference in the lives of local children and families. You and your new business will not only provide the quality child care that is essential to children and working families, you’ll also be serving the community as a whole. 4C for Children may even have funding options to help you start your business!
Funding is available in these locations for selected program types:
City of Cincinnati – New and expanding family child care homes
Shelby County – New child care centers, new and expanding family child care programs
Miami County – New and expanding child care centers, new and expanding family child care programs
Warren County – New family child care homes
Certain areas of Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Montgomery counties – New family child care homes
- To enter the library, you’ll first need to provide some brief contact information and let us know if you need help and how you’d like to be contacted. Get Started Here!
- Once in the library, you’ll find resources to help you learn about the different types of child care and the required Ohio pre-licensing education and training. In addition, you’ll find how-to guides, workbooks, videos, business forms and so much more.
- Complete the Readiness Assessment found in the Resource Library to help us match your needs with our resources.
- Once completed, you’ll get a customized response with recommended next steps to making your dreams of business ownership come true. If funding isn’t available now, we will contact you in the future should additional dollars become available. Knowing what you need will also help us seek funding for what you need!
- If you still have questions after exploring the library resources, you’ll find contact information in the library for 4C for Children staff who serve our 15-county region.
When you’re ready, you can use the Resource Library for Starting a Child Care Program to register for coaching sessions that will walk you through many of the steps to obtain a license. These one-hour sessions are a great place to get ideas and find answers to your questions and challenges.
If you’re still thinking and aren’t ready for coaching quite yet, that’s fine too. You can access the tools and sessions simply to learn more or start to make plans.