The COVID-19 health emergency is impacting all our lives, especially those families with young children. In this weekly newsletter we will connect you with the most recent information about child care options, learning at home activities for children, emotional support resources for you and your children and more. Here is our newsletter from May 27, 2020.
Returning to Child Care May 31
Child care programs in Ohio are permitted to re-open May 31. Our specialists are available to help the best we can during this time. In addition, here are some resources as you consider transitioning back to a child care program:
- What Parents Should Know About Sending Children Back to Child Care, from Ohio Department of Health
- Seven tips for a successful transition back to child care, from Dayton Children’s and Montgomery County Preschool Promise
- Information on Health and Safety Measures Child Care Programs May Take During COVID-19 (Download in English or Spanish), from Child Care Aware of America
Gear up for summer reading at home! Many local libraries are offering virtual story times, summer reading programs where you can track progress online, and curbside pick up of library materials and books. Visit your local library website for more information:
|Miami Valley||Southwest Ohio|
Helping Your Family Cope
There may be a lot of feelings in your household because your family’s plans are probably looking different than during a typical summer. As your child’s first teacher you can help model ways to handle emotions. Here are some tips to help you navigate:
- Let’s Talk About Feelings: Brain Building Tips for Encouraging Healthy Emotional Development in Young Children from Child Care Aware
- Being Strong Even When Stressed: Seven Tips for Parents, from Joining Forces for Children
Vroom: Creating Brain-Building Moments
Tap into Vroom resources and check out the tips and activities tailored to your 0 to 5-year-old child. You’ll not only learn to turn everyday activities into brain building opportunities, but you and your child will have lots of fun along the way!