Welcome to our brand new Family Child Care Provider e-news feature! Once every other month we will gather resources that are specific to Family Child Care Providers in the Miami Valley and Southwest Ohio. Stay tuned to receive the latest updates to help support you in your business and your journey to providing quality care for our youngest learners.
Family Child Care Connections October Meeting
The next “Family Child Care Connections” virtual meeting is Tuesday, Oct. 26 at 6 p.m. Register here.
The theme for October is: Marketing strategies that will expand your brand—Part 2! Join other Family Child Care Providers and 4C for Children Coaches as we network and discuss various resources that will help you shine the light on your child care program.
The mission of these monthly sessions is to support Family Child Care Providers in your daily interactions with children and families, in the spirit of refreshing and restoring in a relaxed, professional virtual environment.
Here are some action steps to take for your family child care business this month:
- Update OPR contact information (numbers, address, e-mail)
- Create and/or review your programs mission and philosophy statement
- Review your current illness guidelines and policies including COVID and CDC recommendations
Here is an important reminder about Step Up To Quality! Reach out to your coach if you need help.
- Log into OCQLS quarterly to review your SUTQ expiration date. Please note that your submission deadline will be 90 days prior to the date listed.
Child Care Aware of America has created a new resource for child care providers: “Being a child care provider can be stressful. The care that you provide for children is essential and caring for your well-being is essential, too. Doing small things every day to take care of our minds, bodies, and health not only helps us handle what life brings our way but also helps us to take better care of others. Try these self-care activities and cross them off as you go!” Download the PDF.
Here are some upcoming events you might want to know more about!
- Upcoming CDA Orientation: Oct. 5, 6:30-9 p.m. Register here.
- 4C for Children Leadership and Early Childhood Conference: Oct. 22-23, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Learn more here.
- Essentials of Leadership: Thursday, Oct. 21, from 12:30 -1:30 PM. Topic: Program Improvement and Evaluation: Aligning Vision with Practice. Registration opens soon!