Check out these free webinars for the early childhood community for May 26-29, 2020!
Promoting Preventative Healthcare for Ohio Kids
Wednesday, May 27 | 12 p.m.
Groundwork Ohio is hosting a webinar with the American Academy of Pediatrics-Ohio Chapter to zero in on the importance of well-child visits and preventative health measures for young children. During the crisis, Ohio has seen a significant decrease in well-child visits for young children and we must work together to ensure young children have access to preventative healthcare, which is so important to assessing developmental milestones and administering vaccinations. This webinar will feature a panel of experts to include:
- Michele Dritz, MD, FAAP, Ohio AAP & Cornerstone Pediatrics
- Suzanne Prescott, Director of Butler County Educational Service Center
- Sheri Davis, RN at Butler County Educational Service Center
- Children’s Defense Fund – Ohio
- Lynanne Gutierrez, Policy Director and Legal Counsel at Groundwork Ohio
If you serve in a role where you regularly interact with children and families, this webinar will provide you with the tools needed to encourage families to prioritize visits with their pediatrician. Register for the webinar here.
Roundtable Discussion with Congressman Stivers and Senator Kunze
Thursday, May 28 | 9 a.m.
- Carol Haynes, President and Owner of Kiddie Academy of Reynoldsburg
- Eric Karolak, CEO of Action for Children
- Dawn Blalock, Operations Manager at Little Miracles EDC
- Barbara Haxton, Executive Director at the Ohio Head Start Association, Inc.
During this discussion, Congressman Stivers and Senator Kunze will not only provide us with a legislative update, but they will also have the opportunity to listen to the panelists share their stories and follow up with questions. Register for the webinar here.