Read our weekly update for Northern Kentucky Child Care Providers, from April 24, 2020.
PNC Grow Up Great Resources
Check out the PNC Grow Up Great tools that help develop curious young minds from birth to five. You’ll find free high quality resources that help foster daily learning interactions with young children. Click here to learn more.
4C for Children Conference Is Coming!
Mark your calendars for Oct. 23-24 for the 4C for Children annual Leadership and Early Childhood Conference. Just as in years past, all sessions at this year’s conference will be approved for Kentucky credit. Although we don’t yet know if we will gather together in a physical place like we have in the past or if we’ll need to get creative and find an alternative method to deliver the conference. We’ll let you know in the coming months as more details are confirmed.
CDA Deadlines Extended
The Council for Professional Recognition is extending the CDA Renewal Amnesty Program to June 30. In addition, the Council has extended deadlines associated with application and verification visits. For more information on all these deadline extensions, click here.
Comprehensive Self-Care for Educators Webinar
Friday, April 24, 2 p.m.
Learn about “comprehensive self-care” which centers on five interconnected aspects of well-being: physical, emotional, social, community and purpose. During this webinar, you’ll explore the science of well-being and receive practical tips to nurture your mind and body. Click here to register.
4C for Children Virtual Training
4C for Children has developed virtual training to help meet your professional development needs. Please note: All sessions we are currently offering are full but we will let you know when new sessions become available.
For those registered for upcoming training, please keep the following in mind:
- You have to attend to get credit. That means if you do not log into the training at the scheduled start time, you will not receive credit.
- Virtual sessions are live and interactive. There is no recording available after the training is held.
- The number of participants in each training is capped to give participants the best experience and individual attention.
- Please be considerate and let us know if you can’t attend a training that you have registered for so we can fill that spot with another provider who wants to attend. Demand for training is high.
- Training is held using Zoom, a free app you can download here. You will receive a meeting link in your email prior to each training so please make sure your email is accurate in the registry.
Need Help Navigating?
To reach the Department of Child Care (DCC) please use the following email addresses:
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP): CCAPProviderPayments@ky.gov
- National Background Check Program: CHFSDCCNBCP@ky.gov
- Professional Development (Training): DCCPDStaff@ky.gov
- KY All-STARS: KYallstars@ky.gov
For Limited Duration Center inquires, contact the Division of Regulated Child Care at 502-564-7962 or visit https://chfs.ky.gov/Pages/cyres.aspx.
If you have additional support, please contact 4C for Children staff and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.