Read our weekly newsletter for Ohio Child Care Providers for the week of June 29, 2020.
What To Do If There Is A Positive COVID-19 Test?
Follow guidance from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) on what you should do “If an administrator/provider, employee, or child care staff member employed by the child care program (including residents of family child care homes) or a child enrolled in the program tests positive for COVID-19…” Read more: Positive COVID-19 Test and Pandemic Day Guidance for Child Care Programs
Upcoming Training: Building a Quality Program: The Road Map to Success
This virtual training includes an explanation of the different types of licensing non-compliances and a quick review of the purpose of the non-compliance categories, and their impact on your Step Up To Quality rating. Join us for this training on July 10, from 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Register here.
CDA Renewal Amnesty Extended!
The Council for Professional Recognition has extended the CDA Renewal Amnesty Program to Dec. 31, 2020. Learn more about the program on the Council’s website. If you have questions or need help with your CDA, reach out to the 4C for Children CDA experts.
Register for your one-star Step Up To Quality rating no later than June 30, to meet the Sept. 1 deadline. Join us for these free sessions via Zoom to receive help registering for your rating:
Monday, June 29, 6-8 p.m.
Click this link at the start of the session time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81450127839
Tuesday, June 30, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Click this link at the start of the session time: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85997832265
Tune Into Training
Join us for these upcoming free virtual training opportunities.
- July 6: Understanding Homelessness
- July 7: ASQ-3 The Ages and Stages Questionnaires
- July 8: ELDS Module Level 2: Language and Literacy, 36 Months to Kindergarten Entry
- July 10: Building a Quality Program: The Road Map to Success
Visit 4cforchildren.org/training for more!
Check out these webinar recordings for updates on what is happening in the field of early childhood:
- Racial Justice, Equity and the Role of Child Care Webinar-Part 2, from Child Care Aware of America
- Child Care Roundtable Discussion with U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown, from Groundwork Ohio
- How COVID-19 Has Impacted Child Care in Ohio, from Advocates for Ohio’s Future and the Center for Community Solutions
To receive these updates via email, sign up for our Pathways email newsletter.