Have you ever thought “What is wrong with this child?”
Perhaps the question should be “What has happened to this child?”
Become aware and informed about how trauma affects
- child behavior,
- child development and the growth of the brain, and
- child relationships.
Expand your skills to respond to children, identify coping responses and build strengths and resilience by getting a Trauma Informed Care Certificate. Follow this link to learn more and for registration information for free Ohio Approved workshops through OCCRRA.
You can change the world for children in your care by becoming Trauma Aware and Informed!
OCCRRA recommends that you begin with this training:
- Getting To Know You for Public Assistance (SNAP and TANF) ST#10103166 (There is no OA approval for this ½ hourcourse and it is not mandatory.)
If you need assistance registering for training, use the Profile User Guide
Then select any 5 hours for the Level 1 Trauma Aware Credential from the list below and, if interested, 10 more hours for the Level 2 Trauma Informed Credential (a total of 15 hours.)
- Cultural Healing and Historical Understanding Through a Trauma Informed Lens (4.0 hours) ST#10103162
- The Impact of Trauma on Behavior in Early Childhood (2.0 hours) ST#10103137
- Toxic Stress to Safe Zone(1.5 hours) ST#10102950
- Trauma Informed Care in Family Engagement (3.5 hours) ST#10103169
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation: The New Ohio Model(5.5 hours) ST# 10103164
Once the 5 (and/or 10 additional) training hours are completed, fill out the Trauma Informed Credential application in your registry profile found in the Applications tab.
To receive these updates via email, sign up for our Pathways email newsletter.