Read our weekly newsletter for Southwest Ohio and Miami Valley Child Care Providers for the week of August 17, 2020.
School-Age Endorsement Renewal Training Now Available!
- Do you hold a School-Age Endorsement from the State of Ohio at the Assistant Teacher, Lead Teacher, or Administrator level?
- Did you know that your School-Age Endorsement expires after two years?
- Did you know that in order to renew this endorsement, five hours of additional training, and additional hours of experience working in an ODJFS/ODE regulated program are required?
Training is now available on OCCRRA to renew your School-Age Endorsement, free of charge! As part of the renewal process, you will need to complete this two-hour training: “Inclusion Umbrella Strategies for School-age Programs: Supporting Children of Diverse Backgrounds and Needs.”
To register for this training, go to https://occrra.org/ and follow these steps:
- Sign in to your registry profile and click on “Find Training.”
- Select “Online” for your training format, type “Inclusion umbrella” in the “Title or Training ID” box, and click “Search.”
- Click on the training title, and click “Add to Cart.”
- Complete the Checkout process and you’re ready to access the training.
Please click here to access the complete School-Age Endorsement renewal requirements.
Updated Transitional Pandemic Care Technical Assistance Documents
From ODJFS: The following documents have been updated to include the new Transitional Pandemic Requirements effective August 9, 2020:
- Child Care Inspection COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Sample Parent Communication for Positive COVID-19 Test
- Sample Parent Communication for Returning to Child Care
Coaching Corner: Mid-Week Meetup
Free virtual coaching sessions for family child care providers and center-based administrators are held each week via Zoom.
Make plans to join us and your fellow child care providers!
Wednesday, Aug. 19 | 1-3 p.m.
This week’s topic: Representatives from ODJFS will be available during the first 30 minutes of this meeting to answer your questions. Click here to register.
Tune Into Training
Join us for these upcoming free virtual training opportunities.
Aug. 20:Embracing a STEAM Culture Through Preschool Programming
Aug. 24: Designing Inviting Math Experiences for Early Learners
Aug. 24:Different Yet Alike: Inclusion Teaching Practices for Children With Special Needs
Virtual CDA Orientation
Visit 4cforchildren.org/training for more!
Free, Virtual Event Looks at Housing Issues
Join SWOAEYC for a free virtual event on Aug. 22 from 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Learn about:
- the legacy of housing discrimination in America and how it still impacts communities today;
- how COVID-19 has impacted housing;
- the rights of parents under the Fair Housing Act; and
- some recent cases of discrimination that HOME (Housing Opportunities Made Equal) has settled.
Reminder: CDA Renewal Amnesty Extended
The Council for Professional Recognition is offering a limited-time CDA Renewal Amnesty Program.
- Expiration date as far back as January 1, 2010
- Must meet all current renewal requirements
- Apply online using YourCouncil (click here to learn how to access your account)
The program is available from Jan. 1, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2020. If you have questions about the CDA, contact our specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention: Hamilton County Providers
Hamilton County is using funding from the CARES Act to help the community navigate the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. See below for relevant programs for you or for the families you serve:
Child Care Provider Relief Program – Deadline Aug. 25! – This program is intended to stabilize Hamilton County child care providers from financial loss associated with operating under a Temporary Pandemic Child Care (TPCC) license as they served children and families from Hamilton County using Publicly Funded Child Care. Learn more.
Rent and Utility Relief Program – This program provides short-term assistance to renters who live in Hamilton County and who can document income loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.
To receive these updates via email, sign up for our Pathways email newsletter.