Here’s a quick snapshot of the latest resources and information we have today, March 27, 2020.
The Ohio Senate and Ohio House of Representatives passed Bill 197 on Wednesday, March 25 and it is awaiting Gov. DeWine’s signature to become law. This bill includes important language that would delay the deadline for child care programs that serve Publicly Funded Child Care children to become Step Up To Quality rated from July 1, 2020 to September 1, 2020.
Updated Payment Information for Pandemic and PFCC Programs
ODJFS has released updated information for both Pandemic Programs and Publicly Funded Child Care closure payments. Details can be found here.
Pandemic Child Care Licensees
Submitting Forms to ODJFS
Following up on an issue providers were having using the Program List of Children Served form provided by ODJFS, we’ve received clarification. To receive payment, providers must submit the Program List of Children Served spreadsheet along with the enrollment forms and verification of the parent’s employment as providing health, safety or essential services to ODJFS electronically.
- If you can open the Program List of Children Served in Excel and complete it electronically, this is the method preferred by ODJFS.
- If you do not have Excel, you can use this printer-friendly form to print out and complete by hand. Please remember to write legibly. Once completed, you will need to scan the document and submit per ODJFS instructions found in the third bullet point in this document.
More information about stringing together all of the required documents together can be found here.
A webinar will be held today from 1-2 p.m. to share information with providers about small business support, developments in state and federal policy, a report from the pandemic child care work group and time for FAQs for providers. The webinar is being hosted by Dayton Preschool Promise/Learn to Earn Dayton, Groundwork Ohio, Ohio AEYC, OAACP and OCCRRA. Click here to register.
Need Help Navigating?
If you cannot reach someone at ODJFS, contact us and we will do our best to get you the information you need:
- Email: coaching @4cforchildren.org
- Southwest Ohio: 513-758-1334
- Miami Valley: 937-220-9660 x1334
You can also visit our website for the latest information about state requirements and other guidelines.