Here is the latest information and resources for Ohio child care providers, from June 22, 2020.
Recent Updates From ODJFS
ODJFS has updated the following documents for Transitional Pandemic Child Care:
Transitional Pandemic Requirements and Best Practices:
Federal Child Care Action Alert!
Rep. Rosa DeLauro and Rep. Bobby Scott, and Sen. Patty Murray recently introduced the Child Care is Essential Act (H.R.7027/S.3874) to create a $50 billion Child Care Stabilization Fund within the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG), providing critical support to families, child care providers, and our state’s economy.
Contact your members of Congress today and encourage them to support the Child Care is Essential Act!
Our virtual coaching for administrators (center-based and family child care) is free and hosted via Zoom. Once you register, you’ll be sent a link to join.
Here’s what’s happening this week:
- Wednesday, June 24 | 1-3 p.m. | Topic: “Bring Your Questions” Click here to register
Learn more about coaching opportunities.
Tune In To Training
Join us for these upcoming virtual training opportunities.
- June 24:ELDS Level 1 (3 hour overview)
- June 24:I Have Nothing Left to Give – A Discussion About Compassion Fatigue
- June 24:Acting It Out: Dramatic Play and Gender Performance in Early Childhood Environments
- June 25: How to create working portfolios to assess children
Visit 4cforchildren.org/training for more!
How To Use Vroom in Your Child Care Program
4C for Children has partnered with Child Care Aware of America to share Vroom to help the adults who care for children learn ways to nurture our youngest minds by turning everyday interactions into brain building opportunities. Watch these pre-recorded webinars to learn how you can embed Vroom into your child care program, and use it as a family engagement tool. To see an example of the kinds of tips offered, download the Tips For Talking About Feelings sheet (English or Spanish).
Check out these webinars for child care providers:
- June 24: Preparing for Re-Opening: The Administrator’s Role in Taking Control When Things Seem Out of Control, presented by Early Childhood Investigations Webinars
- Webinar Recording: Tools to Evolve Your COVID-19 Child Care Strategy, presented by the CDC
To receive these updates via email, sign up for our Pathways email newsletter.