Funding from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) supports the recovery and stabilization of child care providers across the nation. In Ohio, this money is now available to child care programs in the form of Stabilization Sub-grants. Since these funds are being distributed through grants that means the money does not need to be paid back if it is used according to the guidelines.
All ODJFS licensed programs in good standing and open as of 11/28/21 are eligible to receive these funds. A child care program doesn’t need to be SUTQ-rated or provide care for families using publicly funded child care to apply for these Stabilization Sub-grants.
4C for Children is here to help Miami Valley and Southwest Ohio child care programs understand and access this funding. Our services are 100% free, funded through the State of Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, as well as many generous foundations and individuals across the 15 counties we serve.
We want to help your program receive all the funding you are eligible for. And if you are worried about proving you used the money in the required ways, we’ll share some systems that will help. Curious about how much money you are eligible to request in Phase #1?
|Program Type||Funding Amount Phase 1|
|Large Center (100+ capacity)||Up to $29,498|
|Medium Center (50-99 capacity)||Up to $22,369|
|Small Center (Up to 49 capacity)||Up to $13,342|
|Type A Family Child Care||Up to $ 9,417|
|Type B Family Child Care||Up to $ 7,712|
|Approved Day Camps||Up to $ 6,949|
|In-Home Aide||Up to $ 1,812|
Here are the steps to take to get started. Do them in the ordered listed.
- Check out the Application Guidance Document, Application User Guide and Frequently Asked Questions on OCCRRA’s website.
- Watch this webinar on Phase 1 from 4C for Children, OCCRRA and SWOAEYC
- Watch this webinar on Phase 2 from ODJFS
- Watch this webinar on Reconciliation from 4C for Children, OCCRRA and SWOAEYC
- After you have completed the steps above, attend one of our Weekly Question & Answer Sessions if you still have questions. You can attend more than once.
- Dates for Q&A
- Tuesday, March 1, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 10, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26, 10-11 a.m.
- Click on this link at the meeting start time to join our Q&A Zoom Meeting:
- If you still need help after the Question & Answer session and have contacted support@OCCRRA.org, contact your 4C for Children coach or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on reconciliation just released!
- Review how to reconcile and what you will need as described in the Reconciliation Guidance Document and the Reconciliation User Guide.
- Download this simple 4C for Children Template to help you track your expenses and gather your documentation.
- Attend the Q&A sessions listed above or contact email@example.com if you have other questions.
For Family Child Care Providers: Resources from Tom Copeland
This video covers:
- What expenses can this grant be used for?
- How you can pay yourself with this grant
- How to report the grant as income
- What is the tax consequence of spending part or all of the money on business items?
- Why you are always better off getting this grant