Here’s a quick snapshot of the latest resources and information we have today, April 8, 2020.
Advocate for Child Abuse Prevention
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and today across Ohio advocates are wearing blue to bring additional awareness to this issue, especially because of the stress and uncertainty that we all are feeling in the midst of this health emergency.
Today, Groundwork Ohio will present a webinar on Preventing Child Abuse During Coronavirus Pandemic at 1 p.m.. Speakers will share insights on the impact of the pandemic rates of child abuse and neglect in the state. They will also explore how to respond to these challenges through the early childhood mental health and trauma lens.
Here’s some other ideas for you to help help raise awareness about child abuse prevention today:
- Join hundreds of Ohioans by wearing blue today to raise awareness and let families know that we are all here to support them. Take a photo of yourself and then post the picture on social media. Here’s some sample language you can use in your social media post: Child abuse is preventable. It’s up to all of us to support young children and families in Ohio. Join me in wearing blue today to help raise awareness! #OhioWearsBlue #CAPDay #CAPMonth
- Share resources. YOU can help support young children during this time. Check out this Groundwork Ohio resource to learn more about what you can do to promote children’s resilience and prevent child abuse today.
Tom Copeland, a national expert on the business of family child care, presented a webinar earlier this week exploring financial resources available to family child care programs during the pandemic.
You can listen to a recording of the webinar and see the text of the PowerPoint presentation that accompanied the webinar by clicking here.
Pandemic Child Care Licensees
Removal from the Pandemic Child Care List
If you have been approved as a Pandemic Child Care Program and now wish not to provide pandemic care, email a request to ODJFS.
Need Help Navigating?
If you cannot reach someone at ODJFS, contact us and we will do our best to get you the information you need:
- Email: coaching @4cforchildren.org
- Southwest Ohio: 513-758-1334
- Miami Valley: 937-220-9660 ext 1334
For more information about 4C for Children services as well as resources related to the COVID-19 health emergency, visit our website.