Read our update for Northern Kentucky Child Care Providers, from May 22, 2020.
Resources for Re-Opening
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) Secretary announced that on June 8, in-home child care programs can open. On June 15, center-based licensed child care programs can reopen to all families. Download the document released by the state on requirements for reopening.
Here are answers to some immediate questions, directly from DCC:
- There will be a new mandatory training for child care providers to take before reopen. It will be available by June 1 on the UK HDI website for free. The Division of Child Care is working on it as we speak, and it will focus on three things: the current regulations on healthy and clean environments, the new enhanced regulations for child care programs open during the COVID19 state of emergency, and a refresher course on mandatory reporting of child abuse.
- Over the next few days, the Division of Child Care will be working on an FAQ sheet with the assistance of DRCC, CCHC, and Child Care Aware. DCC will release the FAQ to all child care providers next week to hopefully address most questions.
- Child Care Aware will immediately begin working (virtually) with providers to help them implement cleaning plans if they need guidance.
- The Division of Child Care and the Division of Regulated Child Care will be working with our Limited Duration Childcare (LDC) programs to help them transition back to typical licensed or certified programs.
Upcoming 4C for Children Virtual Training
Join us for these free training opportunities coming up soon:
- June 2: Responsive Planning for Reopening: Focusing on Children’s Needs
- June 9: Developmentally Appropriate Practice Part 1
- June 18: Responsive Planning for Reopening: Focusing on Children’s Needs
- June 23: Developmentally Appropriate Practice Part 2
For more training opportunities, visit our website.
Need Help Navigating?
Here’s some additional state and local resources that may be helpful:
- United Way Success by 6: MyPre-K.com
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP): CCAPProviderPayments@ky.gov
- National Background Check Program: CHFSDCCNBCP@ky.gov
- Professional Development (Training): DCCPDStaff@ky.gov or Child Care Aware Kentucky
- KY All-STARS: KYallstars@ky.gov
For Limited Duration Center inquires, contact the Division of Regulated Child Care at 502-564-7962 or visit https://chfs.ky.gov/Pages/cvres.aspx.