CINCINNATI (January 6, 2020)—Vanessa Freytag, president and CEO of 4C for Children, has been named to the 2020-21 Groundwork Ohio Advisory Committee. She joins 41 members who represent 62 Ohio counties and who are trusted to provide insights on the needs of young children and families in Ohio and advance Groundwork’s mission to champion high-quality early learning and healthy development strategies.
“I am honored and excited to represent the early childhood education needs of our community as a member of the Groundwork Ohio Advisory Committee,” Freytag says.
“For nearly 50 years 4C for Children has focused on ensuring that all children from birth to age 5 have the opportunity to access quality community child care, which is one of the most important factors in being kindergarten ready.
“I look forward to working with my fellow committee members to strategize and promote high-quality early learning experiences throughout the state, especially in light of the state’s deadline for community child care programs to attain quality ratings by June 30.”
Members of the Groundwork Ohio Advisory Committee:
- Provide valuable field input and expertise to help inform Groundwork’s understanding of policy implications
- Serve as a resource for Groundwork research projects and advocacy efforts based on field and systems experience in the early childhood sector
- Support Groundwork by promoting engagement opportunities, attending events, and facilitating connections with other child advocates
- Participate in quarterly in-person meetings
- Contribute organizations time and resources to Groundwork and support efforts to advance Groundwork’s mission.