4C for Children will once again honor “Champions for Children: The Next Generation” with its ninth annual youth award. The award celebrates a high school project led and implemented by students in grades 9-12 who are taking action on behalf of children)—locally or abroad.
Criteria for Applying
High school projects anywhere in 4C’s multi-county service area are eligible to apply if they meet these criteria:
- A project must demonstrate the direct involvement of high school students and do one or more of the following:
- empower and educate young children through direct service
- provide leadership or raise awareness on an issue that impacts young children
- improve the quality of life of young children.
- A project application must be submitted by a teacher, service learning coordinator or a school administrator (principal, guidance counselor).3. A project must be complete or able to show evidence of success by the time of its application.
Applications must be submitted no later than Oct. 31, 2019.
All applicants will receive notification of their project’s status by December 2019. The award-winning project and its team will be announced in early 2020. The Champions for Children: The Next Generation Award will be presented at the winners’ high school and highlighted during the 4C for Children Champions Gala on March 7, 2020.