What We Do
4C is the hub of information on early care and education programs for parents and the largest provider of training and technical assistance for early childhood caregivers and teachers. 4C assists families, child care centers, family child care providers and employers.
- We offer information on selecting quality child care and the “star-rating systems” now operating in both Ohio and Kentucky.
- We operate the only area child care resource and referral service to assist in finding child care. (4C is a Child Care Aware® Quality Assured Consumer Education Referral Service).
- We maintain a database of more than 3,500 child-care options in the service delivery area including licensed child care centers, preschools, school-age child care programs and family child care homes.
- We support parents to ensure every child's full development.
For more information, visit our Parents page.
FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS:
- We provide regular training and coaching.
- We offer assistance to individuals who want to start a child care program.
- We provide the 4C Child Nutrition Program as a sponsor of the USDA reimbursement program for serving nutritious meals to children in care.
- We recruit individuals interested in becoming family child care providers.
For more information, visit our Providers page.
FOR THE COMMUNITY:
- We advocate on behalf of children and families on relevant public policy issues.
- We participate in community initiatives that support children and families.
- We gather and provide information on the needs of families and children.
- We maintain a database on the demand and supply of child care and early education.
- We honor as Champions for Children those who work tirelessly on behalf of the community's children.
For more information, visit our Supporters page.
- We provide enhanced resource and referral services to the employees of participating companies.
- We facilitate work site parenting workshops.
- We consult with employers on work and family issues such as sick child care and parental leave.
For more information, call 800-256-1296 x1330.