Step Up To Quality
What is Step Up To Quality?
Step Up To Quality (SUTQ) is a quality rating and improvement system for early learning and development programs, including ODJFS licensed child care programs, Type A and Type B family child care providers and ODE licensed public preschools and special education programs. Programs can earn a one-, two-, three-, four- or five-star rating by meeting Ohio’s quality program standards.
SUTQ was created by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services’ Bureau of Child care and Development and the Ohio Department of Education’s Office of Learning and School Readiness to improve the quality of early care and education programs in Ohio. It helps families identify early learning and development programs that go beyond the minimum standards of licensing. Star Rated programs demonstrate higher levels of quality in a variety of ways.
Step Up To Quality means:
- Highly trained teachers
- Development of school readiness skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Focus on family engagement
4C for Children is the leading agency in Southwest Ohio and Miami Valley that provides supports for SUTQ. 4C for children provides:
- High quality training to early childhood professionals
- SUTQ coaching to programs seeking, maintaining or moving to a higher rating
- Resources and the latest information to programs to help them reach their SUTQ goals
- Referrals to parents on selecting a high quality early childhood program for their child
To learn more about becoming a Star-Rated program, contact:
To find a SUTQ-rated program for your child, call our Parent Line at 513-758-1330 or 937-220-9660 x1330.
To learn more about SUTQ, visit www.earlychildhoodohio.org