4C Provider Insurance Program
4C makes available a variety of personnel benefit plans for child care professionals—both family child care providers and child care center staff. These types of insurance plans are included:
- Liability for family child care professionals
Who Can Enroll?
Insurance plans are available to family child care providers and child care center staff. Participants can choose to enroll in one plan or a combination of offered plans. In some cases, a minimum number of staff is required to enroll. To qualify for the 4C Provider Insurance Program, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Type I licensed child care center in good standing with the state.
- Certified family child care home in good standing with the state.
- Type II licensed child care home in good standing with the state.
- Licensed Type A family child care provider in good standing with the state.
- Licensed Type B family child care provider in good standing with the state.
- Licensed child care center in good standing with the state.
- Alternately approved provider (family friend and neighbor care) with the 4C Child Nutrition Program
Types of Insurance
Medical: 4C gives child care professionals access to medical insurance through Benefits Protect. This offers a variety of options including major medical insurance, limited medical plans and discount medical savings card. To talk with a Benefits Protect counselor and determine a plan for you, call the special line for 4C participants: 866-210-2999.
Dental/Vision: Assurant provides dental plans including both a managed care option (lower cost and more coverage for selected dentists in a directory) and an option for any dentist with benefits limited to an agreed dollar amount. For vision insurance, a discount plan is included. 4C requires completion of an enrollment form, sponsorship agreement and an agreement for monthly payments to be made from a bank account or credit card. Call the 4C Provider Insurance Line at 800-256-1296 x1355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.*
Family child care liability: Thomco provides liability coverage for family child care businesses. You can find more information at www.afds.com.
*4C is the administrator of the Dental/Vision insurance, and thus the monthly premium and administrative fee is to be paid through 4C. The administrative fee is a monthly payment to be paid with each month's premium, that helps to offset our costs of mailing processing applications, and making payments to the insurance company. The administrative fee is the only fee 4C receives through the 4C Provider Insurance Program.