Earn Your Child Development Associate at 4C
Why Should I Earn a CDA?
- It is a nationally recognized credential that enhances your career in early care and education.
- You will learn how to help children gain knowledge and master skills that will benefit them throughout school and life.
- You will learn to work more effectively with families.
The 4C for Children CDA Preparation Program
- Specialized training: 135 clock hours in Ohio; 120 clock hours in Kentucky
- In Ohio, Step Up To Quality approved training
- Convenient class times and locations
- Skilled instructors with years of experience in early childhood education
- Assistance with documentations requirements and preparing for the Verification Visit
- The opportunity to learn within a community of other early childhood education professionals
CDA programs are offered at 4C Cincinnati, the Miami Valley and Northern Kentucky offices. Specific course schedules and information can be requested. For Cincinnati, contact Karen Middendorf at 513-758-1226. For the Miami Valley, contact Linda Lockhart at 937-723-2725. For Northern Kentucky, contact Joni Aylor at 859-547-5087.
Announcing the CDA Renewal Amnesty Program
As of March 1, 2012, the Council for Professional Recognition launched the Renewal Amnesty Program. This allows anyone who has earned or renewed a CDA in the last 10 years to apply for Renewal, even if their CDA has expired. This means that if your CDA has a credential date of January 2002 or later, you are eligible for Renewal Amnesty!
The program has been extended, but will only last until May 31, 2013, so don't delay. For more information on how to renew your CDA, visit the CDA council Web site.
4C Miami Valley is currently accepting registrations and scholarship applications for the next CDA Renewal Program to begin in May 2013.
The program provides 45 clock hours of training (4.5 CEUs) specifically designed for early childhood professionals who have earned their CDA. The program also provides you with a CDA Renewal packet and step by step assistance through the Renewal process. For more information, contact Linda Lockhart at 937-723-2725.
For more information on the CDA program, download the brochure or call 4C's CDA hotline, 800-256-1296 x1333.
4C partners with the University of Cincinnati to offer CDA graduates advanced standing. Read more about this unique opportunity.
Scholarships currently available in Ohio for earning your CDA or college credit!
What do graduates have to say about the CDA program?
"Investing your time towards obtaining a CDA is a major and fulfilling investment in yourself and the children you care for. It's a must do! I'm glad I did!"
– Jameka Parker, family child care provider