Play & Learn Groups
Join a group today...
Make a difference for your child tomorrow!
If you are a relative, friend or neighbor providing care for children in your home—or a stay-at-home parent—the Play & Learn program is for you! Watch this video and see how the FREE Play & Learn experience makes huge impacts on both caregiver and child.
Groups provide opportunities for children birth to age 5 to learn and explore through play, setting a foundation for continued learning through school and life.
During the sessions, parents and caregivers:
- join in the activities
- learn more about their role in preparing children for school
- discover how children learn through play
- learn what to expect of children of different ages
Participants also receive FREE activities and materials to take home to extend the learning and the fun!
The 90-minute, every-other-week sessions are presented at the following locations and times:
- Amelia: 2nd Friday (Amelia branch library) from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Franklin: 3rd Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Franklin Library
- Goshen/Williamsburg: 1st Friday (Goshen branch library) and 3rd Friday (Williamsburg branch) from 10-11:30 a.m.
- Middletown: 1st and 3rd Thursday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Parent Resource Center
- Norwood: 2nd and 4th Thursday from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Norwood Church of the Nazarene
- Dayton: 1st and 3rd Friday, from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Trotwood Branch of the Dayton Metro Library
- Xenia: 2nd and 4th Thursday from 10:30 a.m.-Noon at the Xenia Community Library
- Florence: 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Boone County Public Library (Florence branch)
- Newport: 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 9:30-11 a.m. at the Campbell County Public Library
- Williamstown: 1st and 3rd Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. at the Grant County Public Library (During June and July, this session runs from 9:30-11 a.m.)
Registration prior to attending is encouraged but not mandatory. For more information or to register, please contact 4C Family and Community Services at 513-758-1311.
The 4C Play & Learn program is based on the national Kaleidoscope Play & Learn® Program, and is funded through a grant from Procter & Gamble through United Way of Greater Cincinnati Success By 6® as well as by United Way of Greater Dayton, Norwood Ready Kids, United Way of Clinton County, United Way of Warren County and the Northern Kentucky Community Early Childhood Council.