4C Seeks Applications for Annual High School Youth Award
September 5, 2018
4C for Children will once again honor "Champions for Children: The Next Generation" with its eighth annual youth award. The award celebrates a high school project led and implemented by students in grades 9-12 who are taking action on behalf of children)—locally or abroad.
Criteria for Applying
High school projects anywhere in 4C's multi-county service area are eligible to apply if they meet these criteria:
1. A project must demonstrate the direct involvement of high school students and do one or more of the following:
- empower and educate young children through direct service
- provide leadership or raise awareness on an issue that impacts young children
- improve the quality of life of young children.
2. A project application must be submitted by a teacher, service learning coordinator or a school administrator (principal, guidance counselor).
3. A project must be complete or able to show evidence of success by the time of its application.
Applications must be submitted no later than Oct. 31, 2018.
The award-winning project and its team will be announced in November. The Champions for Children: The Next Generation Award will be presented at the winners' high school and highlighted during the Champions for Children Gala on March 16, 2019.
Pictured above: The founders of Soul Bros pose with 4C representatives after receiving the 4C Champions for Children: The Next Generation Award in 2017.